Hey you lovely people, I know none of you probably care but I thought I would give you all a little update on how my bucket list for the summer is going. Well, to be honest, not good at all. I’ve managed to get a few of the things done but not as many as I would have liked. There are a few things on the list that we will be unable to do because of the money situation we are in.
- The day trip to Belfast has been scheduled for another time. This is one of the items we had to postpone due to the money situation.
- We managed to do a little baking and made cookies that were not only suitable for me and Tom but were also suitable for my OH. You can read about it here.
- Unfortunately, we haven’t managed to get out to a restaurant. Again because of the money that would be required for it. It will happen but when we’re not too sure.
- We have managed to get a day out in Portrush at the amusement arcades. You can read about it here.
- We are planning a movie day for this Saturday, so I’m sure there will something to blog about there.
- Although not technically a forest the Banagher Glen is something like a forest. The surrounding area is covered in trees, so I’m going to take that as an item scored off the list. You read all about the trip to it here.
- We haven’t yet been able to visit a new beach yet as the weather hasn’t been the best of late. We did have a good couple of weeks at the start of the summer but it’s pretty much been raining every day since. The joys of living here.
- We originally had planned to go to the cinema for Tom’s birthday but at the last minute, he decided he didn’t want to go and just wanted me to order him a few books of the pokemon manga collection that he’s been making his way through from Amazon. I was more than happy to get them for him as it meant I wasn’t spending as much on them as I would have been if we went to the cinema. You can read all about Tom’s birthday here.
- We actually made slime a couple of times since I wrote my bucket list. It took us a few times to get the ingredients right. You can read all about it here.
- Tom is still adamant that he doesn’t want to learn how to ride a bike. My OH and I have tried a couple of times to get him onto on of his cousin’s old bike but with no luck. I think we’re going to give it up as a bad job.
- It’s pretty much the same story when it comes to learning how to swim. I wanted him to learn before he went with the school when he returns in a couple of weeks but again he’s determined not to learn. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to persuade him I would be forever in your debt.
So anyway people out of the 11 things that I had planned out on my bucket list, we have managed to get about half of them complete. Which isn’t too bad I suppose. I thought it was a lot less so that’s always something. I’m hoping though as Tom is still off for another two weeks that we can get some more of them ticked off as being done.
Anyway friends, thanks for reading, make sure and like, share, comment and if you have any suggestions please don’t hesitate to gimme a shout! J xxx